Where and when is lost picnic 2018 being held?
Lost Picnic will be held in THE DOMAIN, SYDNEY on Saturday 13th October 2018 from 12pm-8pm
The Domain is one of Sydney’s most impressive locations for outdoor events. The Domain is a lovely green part of the city and we’d like to keep it that way so please respect the environment by using the recycling stations and bins provided to keep the site and surrounding area clean. We want to be good neighbours so please respect people living locally by arriving and leaving the event peacefully and quietly.
ART GALLERY ROAD
ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS
We would like to acknowledge the Gadigal people whose lands we live and work on, where we make our living.
We acknowledge Gadigal connection to their lands, waters and community.
We pay our respects to the culture.
We acknowledge their history.
We would like to pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Who organises Lost Picnic?
Finely Tuned are the organisers behind Lost Picnic. Founder Simon Beckingham long dreamt of creating a contemporary day-event filled with music, fun and good food that he could share with his two young daughters as a fun-filled family experience, so Lost Picnic was born. An event of this scale cannot be realised single-handedly. Our gratitude as a team extends to all those involved in the careful planning and activation of Lost Picnic and especially to you, the person purchasing a ticket and choosing to spend the day with us.
What time does the event start?
Doors open at 12pm and entertainment commences from 12.30pm. Arrive early and nab yourself the perfect picnic spot!
What time does the event finish?
When will the set times be released?
The set-times will be released closer to the event – typically a fortnight or so before the event date.
I attended last year, what will be different?
We’re using more of the lovely Domain green space at Lost Picnic Sydney 2018 and will be increasing staffing, bar tills, the kids entertainment program, restrooms and roving performance and the food offering. With so much freedom of choice, this should keep queues to a minimum.
Can I bring my own food?
Yes. You can bring food to supplement the abundant variety of meals, snacks and drinks on sale at the event. Please note the following items are not permitted into the venue; Hampers, Eskies and Cool Bags.
What food will be available at the event?
There will be a number of high-end restaurants each offering two of their signature dishes, six additional food vendors with their offering of picnic-style fare and accompaniments (think bread, chips and dips, olives) supported by the usual suspects – pizza, gozleme, hot chips, gelato, coffee and kebabs.
Can I bring my own alcohol or soft drinks?
Lost Picnic is strictly no BYO alcohol, no SOFT drinks. The event is fully licensed. You may bring unsealed EMPTY bottles to be filled inside the festival at our water stations. Please don’t bring glassware or glass bottles, as outside glass is not allowed on site. We will be serving bottles of wine and champagne on site.
Is there free water available at the event?
Yes. There will be water stations positioned around the event and we kindly ask that you bring an empty reusable, resealable water container and avoid bringing single use plastic water containers to Lost Picnic. We have banned single-use plastic water bottles backstage and aim to ban them altogether at all of our events in 2019. Let’s work together to reduce the impact we have on the environment as a species!
What is the best way to get to and from Lost Picnic?
Public transport: We encourage those attending Lost Picnic at the Domain to take public transport. Visit Transport NSW to plan your trip.
Ferry: Enjoy a relaxing ferry ride to Circular Quay and enter the Royal Botanic Garden at either the Opera House Gate or the Queen Elizabeth II Gate, also near the Opera House – it’s an easy ten minute walk from the ferry to the Domain.
Driving: If you’re driving to the Garden, 24 hour metered parking is available on Mrs Macquaries Road, Hospital Road and Macquarie Street. Secure, undercover parking is also available at the Domain Car Park. Mobility parking is available near the Wolloomooloo Gate and outside the Art Gallery of NSW.
The rules related to motorcycle parking in the Royal Botanic Garden differs to those of the City of Sydney. The Garden has more than 30 clearly marked, dedicated motorcycle parking spaces which are free of charge and not time limited. If you’re on a motorcycle and choose to park in a marked, metered space, you’re required to pay for the parking and observe the time limits for that area. Metered parking requires payment 24/7, please check the parking meter for rates.
Train: Arriving to Lost Picnic is easy by train. The nearest station is Martin Place (T4 – South Coast Line). St James and Circular Quay (T2 – Airport, Inner West and South Line and T3 – Bankstown Line) are also an easy walk.
Walk: Enjoy some time out in the heart of the city – the Domain is easily accessible on foot and only 5 minutes walk from Sydney’s CBD.
Bus: Travelling by bus to the Royal Botanic Garden is a breeze! In addition to the stops at nearby Martin Place and Circular Quay, the 441 route (Balmain via QVB Building) leaves York Street, Town Hall on weekdays, 10 am – 5 pm and stops outside the Art Gallery of NSW.
The 200 route (Chatswood to Bondi) stops in Macquarie Street during peak hours on weekday mornings and evenings.
The Sydney Explorer Bus also includes the Domain on its route.
What method of payment is available for food and drink purchases at Lost Picnic Sydney?
Lost Picnic is a cashless event – all eftpos and credit cards will be accepted. Cash can be exchanged for a preloaded eftpos card at the event. There will be no ATM on site.
What sustainability initiatives do you have at Lost Picnic Sydney?
- Wine Bottles: $10 bottle deposit to ensure the bottles are deposited into the recycling system correctly by bringing to the recycling station
- No Plastic Straws: We ban plastic straws at all of our events – they suck!
- Ban on Single Use Plastic Bottles Back Stage: We’ve introduced this ban for all staff and artists backstage in 2018 and hope to enforce across the whole event in 2019.
- Green Connect: Our non-profit cleaning company Green Connect are waste and sustainability experts. The team cleaning the venue during the event (and afterwards!) are former refugees who have now settled in Australia. We reckon they’re awesome and thank them for their efforts.
- Free Water: Bring your reusable water container and help yourself!
- Locally Sourced Food: We encourage locally sourced, organic and ethically-reared or produced where possible.
- …and Artists: This year our entire line-up of artists is sourced locally, including our NZ’er Marlon Williams
- Packaging: We ask our food vendors to serve food on or in recyclable plates/bowls/containers. Please consider removing single-use plastics from your list of items you bring to Lost Picnic.
- Recycling Waste: We aim to reduce landfill and effective use of the bins on site will contribute to that. Please bin effectively!
Are there incentives for us to recycle, besides keeping the Domain clean and green and minimising land-fill?
WHY YES! INTRODUCING OUR BAR RECYCLING INCENTIVISATION POLICY…..
BAR RECYCLING INCENTIVISATION POLICY
To incentivise patrons to recycle whilst a Lost Picnic a $1 discount will be offered on other purchases at the event for every recyclable bar beverage vessel returned to the recycling tent. This simple but effective incentive allows patrons to help keep these recyclable items separated so that event staff can maximise the recycling from the event and ensure as much waste avoids landfill as possible. This waste will then be quarantined and delivered to a recycling processing unit. The simple steps are:
1. Buy a delicious beverage in a recyclable can or cup at the bar
2. Finish your thirst quenching beverage
3. Return the un-crushed empty vessel to the recycling station
4. Receive a $1 discount token for your next beverage
5. Give yourself a pat on the back!
WINE BOTTLE DEPOSIT SCHEME
As glass is recyclable and can also be dangerous when broken, each wine bottle will have a $10 deposit applied to it. This will be charged on top of the bottle at the point of purchase as an incentive to return the bottle to the recycling station. To claim this back just bring the bottle back to the recycling station along with the card you paid for it on and you will be returned your deposit. The Simple steps are:
1. Order a fantastic bottle of bubbles at the bar
2. Share with your friends!
3. Return the empty bottle to the recycling station
4. Tap the card you purchased the bottle with on the reader
5. Receive your $10 deposit back on your card
6. Feel great and know you have helped recycle!
- The offering of discounts and recycling tokens/credits/discounts is at the discretion of the promoter and can be changed at any time.
- Tokens/credit/discounts received through recycling have no cash value beyond being utilised on site as discounts before the bars close at 7:30pm.
- The recycling station will close at 7:30pm, 30mins before the end of the event when bars close.
- Each patron can recycle a maximum of 10 items per visit to the recycling station
- Crushed vessels will not be accepted at the recycling station
- Only items purchased at the Lost Picnic bars can be redeemed for a token at the recycling station
I’m a teenager and I want to come with my mates, can I?
We are a family-friendly event, not an all ages event. If you are under 18 you need to be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian.
Can I bring my camera or sound and video recording equipment?
Smart phones, small point and shoot cameras are permitted but professional cameras and video and recording equipment are not.
Generally, cameras with powerful zoom lenses or detachable lenses in a carry case are not allowed. We can’t judge that beforehand. Its up to security staff on the day, and debate will not be entered into. Unauthorised or prohibited photography may result in images being deleted by security staff.
I’m in media and I want to cover Lost Picnic as an event
Media and professional photographers must arrange accreditation through our media accreditation form online here.
What activities are there for kids?
Lost Picnic is a family friendly event with a program of music, performance and a specific kids program and space. We have increased the amount of creative play, giant games, up-cycling and maker workshops and immersive theatre for the kids all included in the price of the entry ticket. For detailed information on children’s’ activities click here. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times, including the kids area.
Do any of the kids activities carry an additional cost?
Nope! All kids activities inside Lost Picnic are included in the price of the Lost Picnic entry ticket.
Do the people working in the kids area have a Working With Children check?
Yes, we stipulate the provision of all the necessary documentation and police checks.
Is there a creche / babysitting service at Lost Picnic?
No. Please accompany children under your care at all times inside the venue.
I have a young baby, is Lost Picnic suitable?
While babies are, of course, welcome, please remember that Lost Picnic is an outdoor music event. There will be loud music and lots of people. There is a family rest room with nappy-changing facilities on site should you wish to utilise it. Your children’s well-being is our main priority so make sure you are prepared.
Is Lost Picnic wheelchair accessible?
Lost Picnic is wheelchair accessible. There are no stairs, and there are disabled toilets on site. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require special assistance.
Does Lost Picnic accept Companion Cards?
Yes. If you have an approved carer card you will need to purchase a ticket and then email through the details to email@example.com . Please include details of the carer card and who the nominated carer will be. The carer’s entry ticket will be available for collection at the box office on the day of the event upon presentation of the carer card.
What should I bring?
All of the following are permitted inside Lost Picnic
- Low camping folding chairs
- Picnic rug for the General Admission area.
- Wear sensible footwear / gumboots for wet weather.
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Insect repellent
- Epic dance moves
What can’t I bring?
Sorry to be the bearers of bad news but the following items are NOT allowed on site so please don’t waste the effort of bringing them with you: Glass, cans, alcohol, sound systems, illegal substances, portable laser equipment or pens, unauthorised professional film or video equipment, audio-recorders, barbecues, camping stoves, high chairs/deck chairs, hampers, cool bags, metal cutlery, fireworks, flares, Chinese lanterns and any item that might be used as a weapon.
Unfortunately we can’t allow pets, except registered guide dogs, onto the site.
Please be aware that there will be a body and/or bag search at the entrance for security reasons.
Any prohibited items will be taken at the entrance and destroyed.
The good news is that everything you need from drink to snacks and sun cream will be available on site.
While we want guests to enjoy their Lost Picnic experience at the Domain, patrons are reminded of the following guidelines:
- No pegging into the ground or reserving of unattended areas – this is a directive from the Venue to protect the grass
- No raised seating, highchairs or beach umbrellas – the beach umbrellas is a directive of the venue.
- No plastic sheeting or ice on the grass as this kills the lawn – please recycle using the waste system provided and help save our environment.
- No alcoholic or non alcoholic drinks can be brought into the event – this includes juice, soft drinks, sports drinks. Lost Picnic is a licensed event, alcohol is available for purchase at all bars within the venue.
- No metal cutlery, including cheese knives. Please bring bamboo or other reusable cutlery
- No aerosols, sunshades or tables.
- No umbrellas, even if it’s raining. This is a directive from the Venue. ** UPDATE ** PERSONAL SIZED RAIN BROLLIES aka UMBRELLAS ARE PERMITTED** ~ The Gardens have kindly permitted these for personal use.
- Bring good quality raincoats and gumboots instead.
- No glass – this includes wine glasses, jars, or any other containers or items made of glass
- No professional cameras (including SLRs & GoPro’s, any camera with a removable lens) and sound and video recording equipment.
- No pets (other than guide dogs)
- There will be a security check at the gate and prohibited items will be confiscated. Lost Picnic Pty Ltd does not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
Is first aid available?
Yes. Please ask security, event staff or first aid officers for help if you need or see someone in need of assistance. Please consider others as well as your own safety.
Are passouts available?
No. It’s a condition of our license from the police, as a licensed event, that we do not permit pass-outs. Sorry.
What if it rains?
If it does rain the show will go ahead unless conditions are deemed to be dangerous. If an event does not go ahead due to this reason, patrons will receive a full refund from point of purchase. If the forecast is for even the possibility of rain bring good quality raincoats and suitable footwear. The decision to cancel a show will be made on show day. Attendees should check the Lost Picnic facebook page and the Information for Ticket Holders email sent on 12.10.2018, BEFORE departing for the show for info regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Where is lost property?
If you find or lose something – please go to the kids registration kiosk.
Will the program times or artists be likely to change?
Occasionally changes occur that are out of our control. Scheduled performance times and artist line-ups are subject to change. No refund will be offered in these circumstances.
Where can I buy tickets?
Lost Picnic Sydney tickets are only available via this website, here.
Our official ticketing provider is Pulse
How will I receive my ticket, once I have purchased it?
You will be emailed a PDF ticket. If for any reason your tickets do not arrive in your inbox, please check your spam folders/filters and check that the correct email was provided. If after checking no ticket is found, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please present your ticket at the gate together with a valid ID.
Will tickets be available at the gate?
If Lost Picnic is not sold out prior to the show date, yes. Entry tickets will be available to purchase from the box office at the front entry gate to the domain. These tickets will be $120 for GA, $80 for U18 and $30 for kids U12. Online sales will be closed off at 11:00am on Saturday 13 October and any remaining tickets will be available to purchase from the box office, in person. Cash and eftpos accepted at Box Office.
Can lost tickets be replaced?
No. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. Even if we have a record of your purchase, we cannot be certain that other less scrupulous members of the public will not use the ticket. Please treat your ticket like cash, as they are irreplaceable.
What are the terms and conditions of entry to Lost Picnic?
For more information including Ts&Cs please click here.
I have a question about my ticket, who should I contact?
Please contact email@example.com for any ticketing related enquiries
How do I change a name on ticket?
Name changes can be actioned by simply logging into Pulse and going to ‘my tickets’. There you have the option to update the name/s on each ticket.
I can’t go anymore, what shall I do with my ticket?
Tickets are transferable and of course, gift-able. To arrange a name change; Name changes can be actioned by simply logging into Pulse and going to ‘my tickets’. There you have the option to update the names on each ticket.
Buy Now Pay Later? Great! Who are Zip Money?
Zip Money, formally ZipPay is a simple and secure payment option, that lets you shop today and pay later for your purchases. You can find out more about them here.
What forms of photo ID will be accepted to gain entrance to Lost Picnic?
Not only will you need the below Identification to get through the festival gates, the Lost Picnic entertainment precinct is a licensed area and as such you will be required to show ID to purchase alcohol. Lost Picnic will only accept the following forms of Identification:
- Current valid Australian driver’s license (with photo)
- Current Passport
- Government Issued Proof of Age Card
- Victorian Keypass
- International Driver’s License (must contain a photograph)
For over-18s, STUDENT ID CARDS DO NOT QUALIFY NOR DO BILLS OR LETTERS. If you cannot produce ID you will be treated as a minor and excluded from all bar service and bar areas.
For under-18s who don’t have a driver’s license or a current, valid passport, we will also accept a copy of your birth certificate PLUS one of the following:
- Student ID Card
- Bus Pass
- Bank Account Statement in your name
Please note that anyone aged 17 or under attending Lost Picnic MUST be accompanied at all times by their parent/s or a legal guardian.
I’d like to volunteer at Lost Picnic, how do I go about doing this?
Firstly thank you! We will be opening volunteer registrations in the coming weeks. For now, send us an message via our contact page.
I’m a performer, can I participate at Lost Picnic?
We LOVE hearing from performers, artists, musicians – whilst our program is full for 2018 we are always on the lookout for talent for future events. Get involved by completing our expression of interest form, here
I have a query about Lost Picnic and haven’t been able to find the answer on this website, who can I contact?
Write to us using the contact form and one of our friendly humans will be in touch!